Water Therapy is a form of alternative medicine. It is a natural therapy that involves the use of water internally (drinking) or externally (bathing). There are different types of water used in Water Therapy: fresh water, seawater, and spring water.
According to some alternative medicine practitioners, the benefits of Water Therapy range from psychological, physical fitness and well-being, to the cure and prevention of illnesses. Each type has different sets of benefits, too.
The forms of Water Therapy are classified according to the methods and the type of water that is used. These forms include the Chinese or Indian Water Therapy, physical Water Therapy or water exercise, seawater therapy, and healing or spa Water Therapy.
The Chinese or Indian Water Therapy involves drinking four glasses, or roughly 640 ml, of water upon waking up. After drinking, it is advised not to drink or eat anything for 45 minutes. After the meal, it will take another two hours before the person undergoing Water Therapy could drink again. Chinese or Indian Water Therapy is known to cure headache, body ache, throat diseases, and other more serious illnesses like arthritis, tuberculosis, diabetes, and heart system disorders.
The physical Water Therapy includes more vigorous activities like swimming, swimming pool games, and water walking exercise. Physical Water Therapy relieves pain and muscle spasm, brings back walking patterns, increases joint range and muscle strength, enhances balance, and helps in recovery from surgery and sports injuries. The buoyancy of the water supports and lessens stresses on the joints and encourages free movement. Water also acts as resistance to help build muscle strength.
Seawater therapy involves bathing and swimming in concentrated seawater. Concentrated seawater has been found to be the mildest water to the human body. Its higher concentration of magnesium, sodium, nitrate-nitrogen, iodine, phosphate-phosphorus, and silicate-silicon is found to be beneficial for the body, even to a diseased organ. The iodine content of seawater also boosts thyroid activity. Seawater helps in weight loss and cellulite control.
Lastly, maybe the most expensive among all forms of Water Therapy is the spa therapy. The effects of this type of Water Therapy are mainly psychological since its purpose is primarily for relaxation and stress removal. The benefits of spa therapy include relaxation due to warmth and weightlessness, increased feeling of health and well-being, and improved self-confidence and mood.
Water Therapy is a natural one. Thus, there are no observed harmful side effects except more frequent bowel movement. However, the body can later adapt to the increased water intake.
Drink Water on Empty Stomach
It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven its value. This information on use of water is from web and reads as follows. For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as nearly 100% cure for the following diseases: Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhoea piles etc.
Method Of Treatment
- As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water
- Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.
- After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything.
- Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.
My Note: I have noticed personally that as the quantity of water increases constipation starts. Hence I have adjusted it to 2 glasses of water. You may find this useful. Please offer your experience for benefit of others.
The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/reduce main diseases:
1. High Blood Pressure (30 days)
2. Gastric (10 days)
3. Diabetes (30 days)
4. Constipation (10 days)
5. Cancer (180 days)
6. TB (90 days)
7. Arthritis patients should follow the above treatment only for 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards, daily.
This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times. It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life. Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active. This makes sense. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals, not cold water. Maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to them. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion.
Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
The Correct Way to Drink Water:
- Drink water immediately after you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so drink a glass before you go to sleep and another glass when you wake up. You are naturally thirsty or dehydrated in the morning. Drinking water in morning helps flush out the toxins that have accumulated during night sleep.
- Drink 8 to 12 glasses a day. According to the Mayo Clinic, a 120-pound individual needs 8 cups of water a day, while a 190-pound person would require 12 cups daily. Dr. Robert Tanchanco says that we should monitor our urine colour and keep it on the light side. However, drink only a maximum of 16 glasses a day, and not more.
- Drink little by little throughout the day. It is preferable to sip water throughout the day rather than to drink two glasses all at once. This will lessen the stress on the heart (especially if you have heart disease) and give your body more time to absorb it.
- Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink water. By the time you feel thirsty, you're probably already 2 glasses below your normal water needs. Elderly people are also less sensitive to the body's need for water.
- Drink water, not soft drinks, alcohol or coffee. Some experts believe that tea, sodas and coffee can be potentially dehydrating. Moreover, the high phosphorus and sugar content in cola drinks can lead to conditions like osteoporosis and diabetes. One study shows that adults who drank six cups of coffee daily experienced mild dehydration. Drinking alcohol is much worse because it actually dehydrates you by making you urinate a lot.
- Train children to drink water. Set a good example to your kids and drink water together. Make sure that children drink enough water when they're active. Pack large bottled water in their lunch box.
- Drink more when it's hot. People living in hot climates like the Philippines need to drink more water. They are more prone to develop kidney stones compared to those living in cooler regions.
- Drink more as you exercise. When you exercise, you need to drink more water to compensate for fluid loss. Go for an extra 500 ml of water for a 30-minute to 1-hour exercise. Eating a banana also helps keep your potassium up.
- Drink more when you're sick. Even though you don't feel like it, you really need to drink more water to help your body recover from various infections. If you're dehydrated, you'll feel much worse.
- Drink more if you're pregnant. Women who are expecting or breast-feeding need additional fluids to stay hydrated. The Institute of Medicine recommends that pregnant women drink 10 cups of fluids daily and women who breast-feed take in about 13 cups of fluids a day.
Drinking Cold water after a meal may lead to Cancer! Can you believe this? For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
Perfect timing to drink water, will maximize its effectiveness on the Human body.
- Two (02) glass of water - After waking up - Helps activate internal organs
- One (01) glasses of water - 30 minutes before meal - Help digestion
- One (01) glass of water - Before taking a bath - Helps lower blood pressure
- One (01) glass of water, before sleep to avoid stroke or heart attack.